Saturday, June 21, 2008

Support

Today's FF mentioned the Church, the fact that it is not the building, but the gathering of believers as a family united by one thing which is God. The Church is there to, support you. The family is there to constantly remind you that your imperfections do not matter.

I was feeling a bit. Weird. Yeah I felt quite weird when it was mentioned as such because I've never felt that church was, family-ish. Treat everyone like your own biological brothers and sisters, I learnt. We're all friends in church, yes, but for me in church it has never felt like it's gone beyond the level of 'good friends', much less brothers and sisters?

I don't know. Maybe I've been severely disillusioned all these while.

It has been a very taxing week for me physically and mentally. Long study hours, uncertainty in facing the exams, inability to rest effectively... The list of things that add to the 'challenges' list just keeps piling on. God, I can't do this on my own. People, I can't do this on my own.

Jo, you're too weak to do all this yourself.

P.S. Anyway thanks to those who've talked to me, or sent me messages and all. I bet you don't know how awesome it feels to get a bit of encouragement when you're dying at the study table. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment