Friday, June 6, 2008

Leaving

So today is the day I left for Indonesia with the team from Spiritual Grace Presbyterian Church for the mission/evangelical trip. We're probably be safe and sound in Batam by the time you read this post, HOPEFULLY. Pray for all of us, for God to bless us with a safe trip there and back on the 13th. To Batam, well, it's by ferry from the Singapore Cruise Centre and about an hour and a half tops across a small bit of the sea.

At this point of time when I'm typing this post, at 2.30am of Friday June the 6th, lethargic and all, I can't help but look forward to the coming experience. I'm wondering why I'm looking forward to the trip so much. Maybe because it's my first time going on such a trip. Maybe because I won't be studying much. Maybe because I'll be making new friends. Maybe it's just an escape from my problems at the moment. Maybe it's consolation for not being able to go for church camp. Whatever it is, I'm on it and I'm going to make the best out of it. I trust that God will guide the group!

We will be in Batam for two days before we leave for Pekanbaru for the inland trip. I don't know what we're doing yet, but I'm sure there's always something useful to do. If there's really nothing to do, I could go running, play guitar, read GP (D:) etc. Nothing to worry about! Also, I'm sure that the experience will be a life-changing one. Maybe I'll come back with new perspectives, and hopefully a reduction in skin thickness. Gee. I desperately need a shift in point of view, and what Zham was telling me the other day, about the true nature of things or whatever zen-ish stuff, it really is quite true. When you look at it the right way, your problems now could be helping you in the long run.

That's about it, come again tomorrow! I'll have another post published on time everyday at 9am.

BYE SINGAPORE I'LL BE BACK IN A WEEK! AND FRIENDS, I'LL MISS YOU GUYS D:

Anyway, check this out. Thanks to YH I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment