Sunday, March 4, 2007

Who's the murderer? Murder redefined.



















The word murder, as seen by the common man, might be defined as the intentional, or maybe even purposeful act of taking away someone else's life.

Matthew 5:21-22
"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Raca: An Aramaic term for expressing contempt.)

Ever heard of the phrase, "It's the thought that counts"? Indeed it is. Murder, in fact, is not defined by the taking of a life. To even think about killing someone is already a form of murder. Anger and conceitedness will result in equal punishment as murder, and so will the hurting of somebody's soul. One is able to murder another person's heart and soul intentionally, and maybe even rob him of all hope. To drive another person into such a state would be an act of blatant disregard to the other party, and to God. Never forget, Man was made in the image of God, and no person has the right to hurt or insult others.

No person living on the face of this Earth has the right to label others as fools, or anything else, for what rights do we possess? We are all equal, and no matter how much I hate the other party, I have no right to insult that person.

Matthew 5:23-24
"Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.

When you have been offended, please. Do not react as if everyone owed you a living. Let not the words of contempt enter your head, for calling someone else an idiot is calling God an idiot, for Man was made in His image. Have you not ever offended enyone in your entire lifetime? Live and let live, forgive and forget. Do not succumb to even the slightest bit of anger, and treat everyone else as you would treat the Lord in person.

I seriously need to print this post out and paste it in my heart.

Do not be quick to judge, or rather, do not judge at all. You have no right to, and you have no power over others. Humans love to assume power over others, but no. It is a sin and it breeds based upon the animal instincts intrinsic in human nature. We have to fight it. Unconditional love is key, and I certainly do hope that more people will join me in this fight. I am strong when God is with me, but I would certainly be stronger with people around to support me.

I realize that I have matured much over these two months. I think more, I love God more, I devote more of my time to Him. I still have lots of room for improvement, and I will continue to improve. I have to learn to be happy in solitude and loneliness, for He is there when nobody else is, and He will definitely bring me out of the ordeal.

I am eternally grateful to Him for being there, and also to those who are there for me presently. It is truly a blessing, and I treasure it very much.

Now's the time for me to rock the house, with God of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment