Monday, May 29, 2006

Emo blogs.

This update is about emo blogs, pure and simple. I guess.

First I must admit this blog is an emo blog by certain standards, which gives me some space to elaborate on the topic.

Well, someone said to me today that "blogs are always so miserable". A fallacy. A hasty generalisation, no doubt, but still a valid argument.

Who in the blogging community has not wrote in a post to lament about the miseries of daily life? I can safely say that no true blue blogger has ever done that. Unless it's a business blog or something. Well, who cares anyway. This update concerns majority of the blogging community, whether you like it or not.

Now, now. As the saying goes, "know thy enemy". Well, emo blogs aren't really our enemies, but it'll certainly help to know them better.

Emo blogs are where overwhelming emotions are poured out onto sheets of virtually decorated paper. Well, you certainly could say that blogs are pieces of virtual paper, no doubt. After all, they're electronic diaries! Ah whatever am I talking about? Heh.

Personally, I am an advocate of emo blogs, being a writer of one myself. I know that this statement has made my argument invalid and unreliable, but you yourself know whether to believe this load I'm writing.

Emo blogs provide people with a medium to be themselves, among the people whom they never really talked to in their lives.

Emo blogs provide relief from the agony of keeping these miseries to oneself. It really does feel much better after you've got it out of your head. Don't believe it?

Write an emo blog yourself. Hah.

I am being antagonized into ending this update early by my ever-waiting-for-the-computer brother. Well, I guess I'll give in to him this time.

Ciao dudes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheer up, Chris!
And for once I quote the famous Liverpool song.

"You'll never walk alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment