Saturday, May 17, 2008

CHAMPIONS x2!!

Okay yes that title up there can have two different meanings.

1. This is the 2nd nationals title I have grabbed since I started softball in sec 1.
2. Hwachong's 3rd ever double champs!

Four months. Four months was all it took to transform a 2nd rate A division team into a champion team. This might have well been magic for all you know. I have nothing but respect for coach and the team.

Coach, it has been a life-changing four month period for me. Not only through your insights into the fine details of softball, but also through the way you project yourself. The way you live your life. The constancy of purpose. The love for your family, especially your daughters. These things inspire me so much. We have nothing but respect for you, and I think everyone would agree that we could never have had a better coach than you. Thank you!

Team, hey. It hasn't been easy, trying to organize the team. I'm sorry if I have not done things right for the past year. I was fighting for my beliefs, fighting for what I thought was the right way of playing the sport. Team discipline was one of the things which troubled me. Things like wearing caps, well, I couldn't make everyone wear caps for training so I didn't wear mine in the end. Trivial things such as these, I apologize if I have been overly assertive. Other things, however, cannot be let off. Things like throwing bats and gloves, I always feel really sad when someone does it, because it just shows the immaturity of our play. I couldn't change the way you guys did certain things (like sit on the field), and I got pretty pissed off in the process. Please do understand. It is not an easy thing to work with a group of testosterone-charged 18 year olds. Vulgarities, etc, honestly you guys were really posing me some huge problems because yes I can't swear and it sucks when I blurt something unpleasant out just because its pretty much the team language. At the end of it all, though, I really really enjoyed my time with you guys. I'm going to miss all of this.

HWACHONG FTW.

--------------------------------------------

Buddy,

I've been there before. When hostility and aggression takes over the mind. It hurts, yes, and it hurts deeply. Conflict is never a pleasant experience, but well, most of the imporant lessons in life that we learn are through unpleasant experiences. Use this experience to your own advantage. Assess the situation and tell yourself what you will do the next time you are faced with the same problem. Improve yourself every single time. It is not the number of times you fall that matters, but the struggle to stand up again. Even if you never get to stand up in your whole life, hey. You'll be standing tall and strong in Heaven when the time comes.

Be strong and never let the tides push you down. I'll be your support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment