Thursday, August 2, 2007

Reason Why


I think about how it might have been
We'd spend out days travellin'
It's not that I don't understand you
It's not that I don't want to be with you
But you only wanted me
The way you wanted me
So, I'll head out alone and hope for the best
And we can hang out heads down
As we skip the goodbyes
And you can tell the world what you want them to hear
I've got nothing left to lose, my dear
So, I'm up for the little white lies
But you and I, know the reason why
I'm gone, and you're still there
I'm gone, and you're still there
I'm gone, and you're still there

So, steal the show, and do your best
To cover the tracks that I have left
I wish you well and hope you find
Whatever you're looking for
The way I might've changed my mind,
But you only showed me the door

So, I'll head out alone and hope for the best
We can pat ourselves on the back
And say that we tried
And if one of us makes it big
We can spill our regrets
And talk about how the love never dies
But you and I, you and I, know the reason why.

Again, part of the lyrics for another song (by Rachael Yamagata) which really got me going these few days. Slow, steady, and powerful beyond mere words. Amazing how songs can drive you (*cough*chaccaron*cough*) nuts or even make you stronger. Life's a bitch sometimes all the time, but hey, life's not that bad when you can lock yourself up in a room and sing the loudest you can to an invisible audience. Really helps destress or whatever.

Just trying to be strong, as always, and trying to be happy. Life's not all that bad when you love it for what it is a bitch. But hey, who cares. I've still got a really long road to run over here, and I'd better love it.

"Never apologize for showing feeling, because if you do, you're sorry for just being the human you are."

No regrets. Life goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment