Sunday, August 19, 2007

Monday Morning Slugfest

Seattle mowed the White Sox flat while the math test murdered me.

I was playing well into the game with 2 shutout questions when the differentiation question blasted a grand slam into the far right of the stadium. Then the slugfest began. I think I conceded more than 20 marks out of a possible 30. What a nightmare. At least its over though, but there still is a long day to go...

Been trying to stay relatively cheerful all these times, and thankfully I had no single opportunity to force it the least bit. I had multitudes of reasons to be all cheerful and I snagged each one of them with insatiable hunger for elation, which made a pretty good weekend even though I spent the large part of it solving math problems and going for tuition.

Somewhere just marginally shy of 40 days before the promos, I am already feeling a tad worried for my promotional status. Small daily class tests (and of course lecture tests) have so kindly composed a score that reveals almost holistically my throngs of academic inadequacies, and I am afraid that the score I am composing for myself has an identical tune. Wisdom and prudence calls for a personal review of these scores to pick out the flaws, and to transform them failures into shards of stark brilliance.

I have to do it all in less than 40 days.

So many things can be done within the span of 40 days, maybe even tasks of brobdingnagian proportions, but why am I not confident of devouring the entire J1 syllabus within these 40 days? I wonder.

Time permits that I ace my promos. So why am I not embracing the gift that has been so generously bestowed upon me?

I have to reorganise... Time is accomodating my pleas for help, and it is only I that obstruct the progress towards success...

No comments:

Post a Comment