Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mundane Monday =.=

Alright, so its another mundane-Monday-morning-break blog update session. Since its a mundane Monday I shall start the ball rolling with an entirely mundane topic for you, reader. Books! My progress so far has been 6 books in the span of 3 weeks, having completed Jeffrey Archer's "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less" on Saturday. My endeavours to Bishan Library have finally paid off, with my recent possession of a Library card, and I have gone on to borrow four books by the awesome Dean Koontz. Two hecks of a genius indeed. I am so going to have a great week of reading accompanied by these pieces of literary genius.

School has been entirely pas exceptionnel for me, which is very sad but true. Boredom in school is as real and as perpetual as snowcaps melting in Antartica. What's more, its inevitable, and the situation would probably only change when humans start to cut off global electricity supplies so that Mother Earth would remain unharmed. Incomprehensibilis. Oh, and it's Library Week this week! All the more reason I should come to the library to pass time.

Nothing is happening right now. By right I should be feeling all relaxed and busking joyfully in one of the rare moments of liberation from humane activities, but contrary to that I'm just feeling tired of lazing around and wishing for something to do. Maybe I should read a book. Joke.

Here goes nothing. This is where I begin thinking.

Come to think of it, why is morality such a chore for humanity? Every single day in the course of History, I believe, has been marred by crimes. Acts of deceit and contempt ruled us without our knowledge, assuming control over us with every opportunity available. Over 70 million crimes are committed worldwide every year, which makes morality, or the lack of it, the largest stumbling block for us humans.

I quote This Momentous Day by H.R. White, having read it in a book. "Each smallest act of kindness reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil." Love can surely spread, but we do have to note that hate can spread as well. It is unimaginable, to every extent, what evils would prevail over this earth if we choose to let it breed.

Yes, we can kill love.

From that act of courtesy you receive, if you cannot bring yourself to relay that love to someone else, you have killed a small portion of love by preventing it from spreading. Hate, on the other hand, goes ditto. Yes, we can kill hate, too. We can stop it from spreading, and at the same time induce others to learn to hate hate. It is amazing, how two basic building blocks of humanity, love and hate, are similar. They are infectious, they weaken, they motivate, they hurt. You get me, though. Love and hate are similar in properties, although they are very much diverse in purpose and foundation. If I may be slightly annoying, scientifically like hydrogen peroxide and water. Love and hate is such.

Previously I quoted Eliot that time past, time present and time in the future all exist simultaneously. Eternity lives in every moment of your life, my friend. Parallel universes may exist according to the Quantum theory, but all the more you, my friend, are unique. You are living your life based on choices, where you live a live of an infinity in every second. Wondrous as it is, well, speaking by figures, the probability of you living your exact combination of choices in life on this specific universe is one in infinity. Start believing others when they say that you are unique, for you are so, my friend, in every sense of the word.

This is where I stop thinking.

Hope I made myself comprehensible at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment