Sunday, April 22, 2007

Library Updater

Another update in the ever-so-comfortable-and-welcoming depths of the library. It has been a long day for me, even though it is only 10.50am as I type this post. I have gone through two tests (physics lecture test and GP compre test) in the span of a mere few hours and I personally feel slightly drained, but still alive and ready for the rest of the day at any rate.

The past week has not been very productive for me, given that I have not finished my reading of "From the Corner of His Eye" by Dean Koontz. At this point, I suspect that little Bartholomew (before the age of 3) was talking about parallel worlds included in the theory of quantum physics. Daddy died here, but he didn't die every place I am. It's lonely for me here, but it's not lonely for me everywhere. Intriguing, and I would very much like to know how little Barty managed to walk drily in the rain. Lots of excitement ensues.

Wednesday would be the match against ACS(I), and I seriously do not know what to expect, really. Our batting has been way awesome when we place our focus on it, but well, I guess we will just have to perform on wednesday and make the best out of every opportunity available. The championship is still within our reach.

The topic for today shall be...

Laziness.

What is laziness? Laziness is a value intrinsic in human beings, and about as unavoidable as being born with a tongue. There are, of course, exceptions (because some people are born without tongues), but these are the misery minority of people. Most people are lazy and we have to accept that fact because most of the earth's population have tongues. Face it.

So how do we avoid laziness?

The answer is not to cut off your tongue, whether you like it or not. You cannot get off so easily. Self-consciousness plays a massive role in the quest for betterment, but what plays the largest role is the ability to bring yourself to do what you do not want, or to do whatever you have to to achieve the desired outcome. The mental ability and perseverance to ward off laziness is of essence. It is quite a pain to see people lazing around and living without a purpose, just sitting there and waiting for things to happen.

Can't people read more books?

Haha. Sorry for the lack of quality in this post. It seems that the two tests have taken more from me than I knew. Will update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment