Sunday, April 8, 2007

=.=

Okay, another 1.5 hours of Mundane Monday break and I'm once again in the library making full use of the facilities and equipment. Nothing much is happening, as usual, and I just borrowed two new books from the shelves (sadly not picoults) but instead a book by a nobel prize winner and another by Jeffrey Archer. A nice enough change I guess, considering that Picoult reuses a considerable amount of information and both the books I have read so far involved paranormal investigators, babies, and the law. The book I am reading now, though, "Seize the Night" by Dean Koontz, has a parallel with the book "Second Glance" by Jodi Picoult. Both involved people suffering from Xeroderma pigmentosum - XP for those who aren't able to tie their tongues in knots- and how they led nocturnal lives plainly due to the fact that they are "allergic" to the Sun, or rather, UV rays.

Oh the wonders of the English Word and all its intricacies.

Ethan turned. "Lucy. We talked about this, remember? You were born a chicken, and I have this weirdo disease. So what? Only losers would stay that way forever."
"What if it's how we're supposed to be, and that's why we're like this?"
"That's crap," Ethan said. "I'll tell you what it was -- it was God taking a coffee break and some dumbhead filling in for him when it came to handing out all the cool genes." He stared at her. "If you couldn't change things, ever, what would be the point of growing up?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People work too hard to figure out the meaning of their lives. Why me, why now. The truth is, sometimes things dont happen to you for a reason. Sometimes it's just about being in the right place at the right time for someone else."

---------------------------------------------------------------

To Bobby, I said again, "I need your help."
"You can do it yourself. Just stand on a chair, tie a noose around your neck, and jump."
"Don't have a chair."
"Pull the shotgun trigger with your toe."
In any circumstance, he can make me laugh, and laughter keeps me sane.
An awareness that life is a cosmic joke is close to the core of the philosophy by which Bobby, Sasha and I live. Our guiding principles are simple: do as little harm to others as you can; make any sacrifice for your true friends; be responsible for yourself and ask nothing of others; and grab all the fun you can. Don't give much thought to yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, live in the moment, and trust that your existence has meaning even when the world seems to be all blind chance and chaos. When life lands a hammer blow in your face, do your best to respond to the hammer as if it had been a cream pie. Sometimes black humor is the only kind we can summon, but even dark laughter can sustain.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This part of the post is in response to the direct challenge made to me by the Tetris Lord.

I'm supposed to post 6 weird things about myself.

1) I was just walking into my room when my mother stopped me and asked me why my leg had some red stuff on it. I bent down and HOLY CRAP I was bleeding like free and not feeling any pain at all. My pain sensors are either weird or screwed up I guess. Let's hope I don't have like, some serious internal bleeding somewhere or whatever.

2) I like to make math equations out of almost anything. Sportsman+nerd+minimum social life=Jo

3) I am dead crazy about words. Any new word and I'll jump on it as if my life was at stake, especially for words like anorchous.

4) I am stupid and I cannot stand anyone smarter than me, which means that I cannot stand the whole world.

5) My emotions are either emo, empty, or heck care. Go figure.

6) I'm weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment