Saturday, January 27, 2007

Weekend Effect..

I wouldn't know if the Hwachongian has a typical sort of weekend, but these three weekends sure felt exactly similar.

Sigh, and once again I remind myself that "to err is human, but to forgive, divine". Not as if I'm some heavenly being. I really cannot bring myself to forgive this group of people, really. Not that I am in the position to blame them, nor do I have the right to anyway.

I still have to thank God for providing me with another obstacle so that I can become stronger and wiser.

What actually is the cause for the fabled "Weekend Effect"? I have submerged myself in a whole ocean of questions just to find an answer to this question, and I think I may have found it after all. On weekdays, the average person would go about on his/her routine, studies, work, anything. The hectic lifestyle that they undertake gives them barely enough time to breathe, what more reflect? This cycle goes on for the five-day (if not five-and-a-half-day) week, and the weekend is the only time they are able to think straight.

By then, all their worries and problems would have accumulated and rooted into their minds. The person has no other choice but to let it all out in one go, unless he/she wants to accumulate another set of problems to worry about in the coming week (which isn't really what the typical human being would do). The leftover worries then becomes the foundation for the growth of another set of worries to build up, in preparation for the next "Weekend Effect".

I think I have no life.

I have been living a life of absolute fanaticism in these few weeks. I am crazy about anything I commit myself to, actually. I am one who works on impulse (even though I don't really spend on impulse due to my perpetual state of financial crisis), and I am one who would give my all for a cause. I would fight to the very last breath to defend all the things, and all the people I believe in. Even though it may seem as if I don't really care, please. I value friendship.

I respect myself, and I respect my dreams. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, is going to get in my way. May God be my guide on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment