Thursday, January 18, 2007

Platitudinous, or rather, screwed.

I thought I would have to wait till the weekend before I could update! Hwa Chong has introduced me to an extremely hectic lifestyle (mostly self-inflicted) in which I would only reach home at around 7 or 8pm for every single school day of the week. The workload has been quite reasonable, considering the fact that I was competing (or "learning together" to be politically correct) with the cream of the crop. My L1R5 for prelims was a 10, and I feel slightly out of place here. Everyone here had either 6 points for their prelims or a pretty good MSG (although certain individuals have referred to IP as cheating), but all the same, I had started the race with a disadvantage.

Basically, the class has been alright so far, but the lessons have been pretty platitudinous. Nothing really special, dry as the desert and as boring as fishing. The card tricks did not work AT ALL. Wasted lots of time staring into space. If I spend more than a hundred hours walking from class to class in one year, I think I spent like, a thousand hours stoning. I seriously stoned my way through almost every lesson today, listening to GEPers and MAPers battle their way through series and series of tutorials, filling their heads with the much needed information. I, on the other hand, sat there attempting to absorb something useful. I tried to be like a sponge.

I ended up drawing sponge. Bob.

Training has basically been quite screwed up, with "generous" servings of sprints and nothing else. Sprints, sprints. Pitchers had to go and be assistants for the outfield training before being sent to pitch without any tips or comments or any form of guidance, and then we get sent for the second 2.4 km of the day. I mean, how are we supposed to improve? There was and there is no way we are going to improve their techniques and basics just by listening to hesitant instructions, recited from a notebook. I feel stupid and wasted. I am deviating from the path and I am screwing up my throw bad.

The coaching problem has to be solved. I envy the girls; they have Coach Jerry.

I think I'm going to end up running 7.2km tomorrow..

This is beginning to suck already.

No comments:

Post a Comment