Saturday, January 20, 2007

Living in a Curry Puff

The weekend is finally here, and boy am I glad that I managed to survive the week. I have absolutely no intention to do any school-related work today, so I am going to attempt another story... It seriously isn't anything serious.

Weekend Short Story 2: Living in a Curry Puff

Onward I looked, and saw nothing there, except for a potato wall of brobdingnagian proportions (a.k.a. the Great Potato Wall) surrounding my humble, miniature abode; a miserly piece of egg, encumbered by a barrier of organic matter. How in the world did I end up in such a godforsaken place! For 20 years (according to the Jo approximate bacteria-years, which is amount to about a few human hours) I have been living here, on this commiserable piece of egg, while the rest of the world led royal lives, feeding their faces with elephantine mountains of scrumptious curry.

Life is so unfair.

My house of egg was falling apart, due to my own excessive consumption (owing very much to my insatiable appetite and my allergy to potato consumption), and I was going to have to look for alternative lodging. The poor usually had no problems surviving, as they are able to consume potato without any side-effects, but I had to somehow figure out a way to get myself into at least a middle-class lodging without any money on me!

I lay down on my egg-bed and gazed dreamily at the potato ceiling, wishing that I had been born on the surface of the crust. Many a tale has been going round, telling of a certain exit somewhere in the west which led to the fabled land of freedom, where one could lead a carefree life with no worries about anything. I was so intrigued by one particular tale that I decided to attempt the impossible: attempt an expedition to the surface.

My friends thought I was crazy, my mother disowned me, and my community shunned me. I managed to find someone who wanted to buy my piece of egg, and I used the money to purchase travel equipments to aid me on my journey. For once I felt like a true bacteria, able to stand up for my own beliefs. I began my journey, taking a step towards the West. I felt like nothing could stop me... Until the ground began shaking violently.

The Great Potato Wall quivered with such intensity that it threatened to buckle. The whole community was in chaos. No one had any idea what was happening. The ground began shifting about, creating faults everywhere. Large chunks of potato were falling onto helpless bacteria, and all I could do was watch helplessly.

Was this the end of the world?

Somewhere not too far away, a little boy ran up to his mother.

"Hey Ma!! LOOK!! A small piece of EGG in my curry puff!!" He said as he took a big bite off the pastry.

------------------------------

I know its lame! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment