Monday, January 29, 2007

People think I'm crazy.

Updating on a school day, this wouldn't happen that often anymore. The >5 day training week is my pride and my joy.

People think that I'm crazy. True enough, I say. Five trainings a week is no pushover, and I am usually left too exhausted to be able to do anything useful at night. Physically, fine, it might be a bit inhumane. Mentally, 5 trainings a week would also deplete my mental consciousness, as trainings would require much focus and grit.

Why am I doing all this?

You can call me crazy, but I will not deviate from this path I'm on. Championships do not drop from the sky (thanks yh), and it is only my duty to do my best for the team. No matter what the rest of the team is like, I will do my part, and be proud of myself. I do not expect silverware this year, given our standards so far, but we have one thing called hope.

Still, no matter how much I put in, softball is still a team game. 9 players on the pitch, with the rest to back them up. A team is as good as its weakest link, and unless we change our attitudes, the team is going down. Down and down.

Something has to be done. Action has to be taken.

I swear Catholic High Softball is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment