Sunday, March 23, 2008

Friendship

Its always just me in this room of mine, trying to do my work and simultaneously trying to check up on others and making sure they're fine. I don't know, it seems like I'm a self-appointed check-up-on-close-friends-many-times-a-day-or-emo machine. I don't know whether its of any use, or whether its going to make the other party's life nicer, but it sure is the only way I know to show my appreciation: by showing that I actually keep the person in mind.

I try my best, as I usually do with non-study aspects of life.

I realized that simply being there is a very passive form of friendship that is so difficult to maintain and grow. Togetherness (as put by Emmy buddy xD) plays a pivotal role in any friendship. We have to note that the word "togetherness" involves two parties, and that these two parties have to actually want each other's friendship. The relationship that they share must be something that they both treasure and would want to maintain. A friendship is a 2-player game like, say, tennis. The true satisfaction would come from playing the other player who has given his/her best to the game. You, of course, would have to give your best too.

A friendship is a co-op mission. When one side is down, the other side can't do much to win the game. I am glad that I have friends who care for me, who help me clear this game of life, stage by stage.

THANK YOU! :)

Enough said for now, though. I have physics tomorrow, last paper of the block test! Whee~

No comments:

Post a Comment