Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mysterious Monday

MONDAY again, and I just started my week with a GP essay session. Bad start, but I feel that this week is going to be a great week. I don't know why though. Just a hunch, but something in me tells me that my hunches are mostly worthy of some trust.

The weekend was largely better than weekends past, probably due to the cheer in which we ended our season with, and probably also due to the exciting prospect of the season to come. Training is going to resume soon and we are going to make every single one of them count. I guess that this is one of the few days of enlightenment that I have dotting my calendar. One day in which I feel very much at peace with the world and living without turbulence. Amazing how point of view can change your style of living, be it a day or even a lifetime.

After a long period of useless stoning, I have finally overcome that inertia and finally started reading again. This time its "Lightning" by Dean Koontz, halfway through it just after two days. I cannot wait to read "Winter Solstice" and "Picture Perfect", both of them lying patiently on my bookshelf at home, waiting for me to devour it word by word.

Apparently the holidays are just less than two weeks away from today. Realisation again. Time is indeed travelling with insiduous velocity, unknowingly aging me and devouring me. Soon I'll be a dead man, for in this world, time really flies. Just like how a boy transforms into a man within two pages of a book, but unlike books, there's no turning back to start from the beginning. Every advancement in life must be greeted and devoured with the fullest enjoyment. Every depression will pass, and you just have to live with it. Brooding over things will only make matters worse for yourself.

Breathe. Let it pass.

It will, eventually.

Five months elapsed. Life has been unkindly sometimes, hopeful the next moment. I have been thoughtful sometimes, empty the mext moment. Five months, rid with scores of ups and downs, testing me so many times. Many a time I failed miserably, more often than not. Suffering has its limits, and what I have gone through is nothing but a phase in life. This, too, will pass.

Happiness will find me some day. It will. As surely as sorrow will pass, happiness will come. Happiness, though, will pass. It goes on in a cycle, but aye, I will celebrate the coming of joy. I, too, will mourn for the coming of sorrow. Tragedy will come sooner or later, as would elation. I shall be thankful for happiness to come, and thankful for the sorrow yet to befall me. For I believe that everything works towards the ultimate good. Adversity breeds toughness, and the tough succeed. And survive. It is only a matter of wanting to be the best you can be, and to be willing to go through the process of self-improvement.

Come to think of it, there are so many movies coming up (or already come out) such as Spiderman 3, Pirates of the Carribean, Shrek 3 (o.O), whatever, whatever. I wonder when I would have the time to watch all of them? Block Tests are coming (apoplogies for breaching this taboo topic), I have to go out of the country, I have training to go to. Sure, everybody has 24 hours, but that's never enough, is it?

If only I can stop lazing around wasting those few precious hours I have.

'I guess what I'm trying to say is...life is full of wonders and surprises. Some of them are nasty surprises, yeah, and some days are as dark as the inside of the average politician's head. But just the same, there are moments that make me realize we're all here for some reason, enigmatic as it might be. It's not meaningless. If it was meaningless, there'd be no mystery. It'd be as dull and clear and lacking in mystery as the mechanism of a Mr. Coffee Machine.'

No comments:

Post a Comment