Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mundane Mondays are boring

How I wish that every Monday could be a Marvelous Monday, maybe even a mediocre Monday, instead of a Mundane Monday. I don't know, maybe I'm just tired of what I'm seeing in school everyday or something (men are very visual creatures). Nothing really seems to interest me the least bit (maybe blogging does) and my school days are basically quite stoned. Well I guess it'll be best for me to get used to it eh?

Today's Mundane Monday topic is on freedom.

What is freedom? As far as I'm concerned, a majority of people today do not have to fight for freedom against tyrannical colonial masters who dictate their every move. No, the freedom that people today are fighting for is one for a more personal outcomes. Children rebel against their parents and go against authority in order to satisfy their desire for the freedom in living their own lives. Terrorists carry out suicide bombings in hope for a better understanding of their plight, in hope of a paradise of freedom. Even the working people fight it out in the office for days and weeks on end just to enjoy the desirable freedom of retirement to the fullest. Yes, the fight for freedom still goes on everywhere, although it is gradually diminishing in scale.

Oppression comes naught from others alone, but also from within. We oppress others as a result of oppression received, and the cycle is perpetual. Some of us might deny it, but in most(if not all) of our hearts there lay an oppressed being, waiting for that chance to spring out of its cage, waiting for a prey. This oppression comes out in the form of anger, hatred, even sadness. Personally, I cannot deny the power that this oppressed being has in me. Not many people have seen it, but some things are meant to be hidden. Maybe this is a confession, maybe this is not. Apologies to those who have seen that monster, but seriously. I, for one, am not enjoying it the least bit.

Being thoughtful helps a lot, but it would all come to nothing if thoughts are not backed by action. My exact problem, I do not apply much of the things I think about. The road to self-improvement is one rid with obstacles of all kinds. It takes lots of courage to walk along this path, and it certainly is no walk in the park.

Just thinking about what I would do in the coming few weeks. Maybe I should commit myself to a full-fledged physical training cum academic improvement regime? Easier said than done, but hey.

I think I'm going to do it, because I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment