Wednesday, September 6, 2006

One-day break

Just for your information, in case you were not aware of it, I have just come back from a one-day trip to batam.

This, more or less, is my first ever one-day holiday to any destination. Guess what I brought along with me to Batam.

Books, worksheets and homework!

Well, not as if I really touched them in Batam. I had left all the work to be done on the ferry ride back to Singapore, and I did. It was all dark and stuff on board the ferry as it was at night, and the boat kept rocking while I was trying to explain the formation of fold mountains.

Life in Batam surely felt different from life in Singapore. I do not know why, but it just felt a lot different. Even though life in Singapore is very organized and orderly, life in Batam was an entirely different experience. It felt as if a heavy load had been taken off my shoulders. Being there made me more relaxed.

On Tuesday evening, just after I reached my home - a church- I had played four consecutive hours of table tennis without taking any breaks. Not having played for ages, I lost to my dad over and over again, but finally I beat him after a few tries. After dad left I played with the youth group there. It was not too bad. I won every match played, but it was decidedly very exhausting.

I realised that these youths were very different from the youths in Singapore. I do not know why, but I can just feel it. They were more... sincere? Hmm.

Oh yeah.

Guess what I brought back.

Information shall not be disclosed in fear of the blog-checking authorities.

Anyway, the "Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier" thing. It works. Not only has it brightened up my life, but I am sure it has in one way or another affected the lives of the people around me. I am going to keep at it, and I do hope that you would be affected by it too!

Here's a poem, pardon me for the ancient English but I personally feel that it expresses the meaning of the poem better. Obviously I wrote it, so thy shalt pardon me for any awkward usage or misuse of words or phrases. Enjoy it (= poem not copyrighted.

Love,
Such a strange existence, aye.
Thy mind it binds when unwary,
But nay couldst it be found,
When thou searches for its all-elusive form.

Thus love,
Thou canst only rely on,
By thyself loving others around.
Not relying on fate to decide thy destiny,
Not relying on the love of others to live.
Thou creates love by thyself.

Love thy neighbour as thyself,
For there is nothing more precious than love.
Wealth and treasures, nay.
The beginning of love is a smile,
Thou canst only hope,
Hope that it ends with a smile, aye.

No comments:

Post a Comment