Friday, September 22, 2006

Are we there yet?

The pre-war preparations are still ongoing, but what I am sure of is that the pre-war battle simulation has come to a conclusion.

War.

Such an appropriate topic to compare the O's with.

Well, if you have yet to figure out, the "pre-war battle simulation" was my prelims. Let's describe the situation I am in now.

Three major battles have been fought, two of them I have bitterly lost. For this last battle though, I have a very different feeling. Minor skirmishes have yielded results far greater than expected, and even though the outcome of the battle is yet to be known, I know I am running a good race.

What with my Chemistry jumping from F9 (35 marks) to a B3 (68 marks). Even so, I am still inferior compared to the others. Moreover, I have lost every battle against Leon Gaw, with the exception of a one mark lead in the Social Studies structured essays.

I am appalled by those people who do Chemistry with such ease, its like me doing "E" Maths. Leon Gaw achieved 88 marks for his chemistry prelims. Guess what.

That is exactly what I got for "E" Maths. Worse still, he beat me in "E" Maths too.

My target, yes, my target, is to beat Leon Gaw. No matter what happens, even if it means having to sleep 5 hours a day just to get that edge over him, I will do it.

Not because I hate losing to Gaw. It is because I look up to him. I want to be like him.

Well, only in terms of diligence and the hunger for success.

Thus, I declare a state of emergency. Not like the one in Thailand, though. This is MY kind of emergency. From today on, I will put in all I have to run this final lap.

Not as if I have not been doing so for the past few months.

Even so, I would like to thank all the people who were there to guide and encourage me. Teachers, friends, study buddies (I made a rhyme!), anyone. Even Mother Theresa. I know it sounds funny, me thanking Mother Theresa, but her words were what kept me going. Her words prevented me from throwing the love of humanity and religion aside. She stopped me from letting my life fall into the hands of just pure mugging, without the accompaniment of joy and satisfaction from what I do.

I love studying. How I wish I would not need to grow up.

Please, though. I know this may be going through your head right now but NO.

I know I want to keep studying but I won't retain.

P.S. thanks to Princess Gladwei for the lovely time I had, all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment