Monday, July 21, 2008

Eternity

The world today is such that the faces of people change along with time, from what they hear and what they see, or even what they feel. It is of the highest probability that people do not even feel the change, or even realize it, and those who do realize it can do precious little to salvage themselves from the transformation. This transformation is something of a double-edged sword, albeit the fact that it may hurt others in subtle ways that may be unknown to the person. I would probably call it "involuntary offense", for the heart knows nothing of evil intentions, but actions prove otherwise. I choose to ignore the disguised attacks, speaking of it only here, for few will be able to perceive the complexity of the situation without my prompting.


It is with an uncertain heart that I continue with the sempiternal struggle for the desirable subtleties of this life. The mind knows no bounds, but ropes of weakness bind it mercilessly to the pillar of ambiguity; the spirit longs to be strong, but circumstances pin it down to the cold, hard floor. Dubiety undermines my potential, fears mock me, sins cut my soul like a knife.

I desire the realms of eternity, but how could I possibly attain it? For every single time I break the rule, it has not been the last time that I broke it. I have failed time and time again without exception, how do I stop myself from self-inflicted injuries? How do I stop myself from walking away from the gates to eternity?

No comments:

Post a Comment