Wednesday, January 2, 2008

December 2007

Hey people! I have returned from a well deserved, PS3-induced hiatus because school started and its such an anticlimax in my surprisingly colourful life over recent times. School has been a torture so far, even though there was nothing so tedious or arduous about it. The torture actually came from all the J1 people around, enjoying their orientation (yes, even on the first day with all the lame talks) and making me miss my own orientation so much. Where did all the orientation friends go? Those who had so much fun together with me as a group? PoorHC is the only school with full-council OGLs and I think that tradition sucks!

Already, the temptations have started to appear in my life. The temptation to swear out of peer pressure, the temptation of jealousy, the temptation of judging others, etc etc. It sure is hard being a human chasing after the ideals of Christianity. At least I know I'm trying, but its not enough for sure. I have been tested so many times but many times I end off disappointing myself deep inside, and probably God too. I know I am always in danger of doing the wrong thing, every second, every moment, but what can I do but pray? The heart and soul is willing, but the mind and flesh is weak.

I shall write about December 2007, one of the best months in my ephemeral but certainly slightly-more-than-negligible seventeen years of existence.

December started off as a holiday, which certainly meant that things could not possibly be too bad. The month kicked off ferociously , however, with one beautifully planned 'Synod Youth Camp 2007' which got me out of any previous pothole I was trapped in. New friends made, bonds strengthened and reinforced, I flew off to Indonesia with much reluctance to leave the newfound life in Singapore.

Back in Indonesia, I attended Sam's wedding celebrations. I did promise pictures but I'm going to post most of them at a later date as my dear brother has taken my camera with him to Bali. Here are some though! Click on the pics to enlarge.



















:D


Practise for our song item!





















Sitting around with my cousins..





















Photo at the party!


Beatboxed for the song item!

Okay that shall be it for now. Meanwhile, I have decided to end this post here. It shall be continued in the near future..

No comments:

Post a Comment