Monday, July 23, 2007

Coooooooooool

Saturday, July 21st, was by far the coolest day of the year. Sadly, even cooler than my birthday (in which I had to do math homework), and cooler than any day in the holidays.

Saturday morning, waking up felt pretty bad because I had to go for math tuition for the first time this year. Got lost trying to find the tuition teacher's house and found it only an hour later, after walking around the whole of Bukit Batok and getting drenched by the rain. Surprisingly I was not really pissed by the time tuition started, but somewhat happy (unknown cause) and learning well. 12.30, left for the CIP I had signed up for during Volunteer's Fair...

MRT Ride was really long but I was fine throughout, reached Orchard right on time but earlier than the rest of the volunteers, so we (Me, Henry, Zhanyi) got our 'early birds prize' from Qiaohan. Lol. Then we set off all around Orchard Road trying to get donations from the throngs of people who walk the pathways...

"Care to donate, sir?"
"Care to help the disabled kids, mam?"
"Nice cap sir, mind donating?"
"Do your part for charity?"

These were just some of the lines I employed in my quest for donations to the SPD. The first half of the CIP was highly disappointing as most of the people were rejecting us, looking straight through us like we don't exist, etc etc. I was getting kinda pissed but well, we kept going. Honestly I was kinda losing hope in the people of Orchard Road, but all's well that goes not-too-well and ends well. Some guy in an orange Slipknot shirt gave me $5 just like that. Woots! Omgwthbbqpork. Suddenly all hope was restored.

Kept walking around and asking every face I see to donate. Success rate is about 5% I think. People kept smiling at me (because they don't want to donate zzz) and blimey, I've never had so many people smile at me in any day of my life. Saw a few familiar faces, kept walking around for 4-5 hours, and yeah. Was quite satisfying. Kinda addictive too.

Then came the cool part.

We went to buy tickets for Transformers (yes, I haven't watched it until last Saturday) for the 9.45 show. Had two hours and fourty minutes to spend. Hmm.

So we went bowling at Marina Square, and I swear Zhanyi is the slowest and steadiest bowler I've ever seen in my life. Henry's pretty okay too. After two rounds of real fun and lots of laughter (I learnt my hook ball woots), we then went to Esplanade to sit by the river. It was such a great place to sit around in, with the National Day lights and all. Then we rushed for our show, just caught it in time, managing to smuggle some bubble tea in.

So, after two plus hours of omg-its-so-fast-paced action and omg-its-ultra-funny on-screen jokes, we found out it was midnight and ran all the way to the MRT station from Shaw House, catching the last train within a few minutes of its departure.

Woah.





















took a picture with the simpsons!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment