Sunday, March 26, 2006

in the midst of rejection

God is present in the midst of rejection. How true is that. In fact, God is present everywhere in the midst of any occasion, even in the midst of the Devil's temptations. Like duh, He's God. Haha.

And thus I begin this reflection on a somehow lighter note. Hmm, maybe it's due to the fact that I feel light-headed. Maybe. But my head certainly feels substantially lighter nowadays.

Alright, now let me ask a question. Why did Rev Phua choose to write on the presence of God in the midst of rejection? Er. To put it nicely, the functions of my brains are unsufficient to be able to uncover the truth. Eh but let me guess. Rev Phua felt that the people needed encouragement, and he encouraged them by assuring that God is with them all the time, yes?

I believe that rejection is part and parcel of life. It can be seen everywhere, from rejections in social relationships to even rejections on the basis of employment. Someone may even reject your requests to have extra ketchup! It is so common, and yet it somehow manages to hurt you on the inside. Rejection, in fact, is one of the hardest things to accept. Rejection implies that one is not good enough; rejection implies that one does not deserve. What more could hurt a person deeper?

This is where God comes in. Remember, God is with us all the way, and I mean every step of the way. When God ain't beside you when you've got problems, hey, you just got to know that He's carrying you upon His shoulders! In any case, God always manages to find a way to strengthen our faith, whether through trials and tribulations or through joy and elation.

"I asked for strength, and God gave me trials to subdue.
I asked for wisdom, and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for joy, and God gave me sorrows to overcome.
In the end I received nothing that I asked for,
But I got everything I wanted."

Nice piece of writing I read in Marcus' house, but it ain't the original one. I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment