Thursday, March 23, 2006

4 years of education in catholic high

Gone in a flash, aye, the perfect phrase to describe my four years of education in Catholic High School. It seemed like only yesterday, I was trudging through the school gates for my first time, fresh from primary school education.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have had the chance to enter Catholic High. I had surpassed myself in the PSLEs and scored above 250 points, despite scoring only 219 in the preliminaries. I remember the first time I attired myself in the school uniform. Honestly, I thought it looked somehow bizarre. I had worn nothing like that in my life. The worst thing was that these freaky buttons even hurt you! I feel a sharp pain in my shoulders everytime I carry my bag, and my classmates always pushed the "wake-up" button, often sending the victim crying out loud in agony.

I accede that I did not make full use of my first two and a half years in Catholic High. Something that I regret at present, but there is nothing I can do about it now. Truth to be told, I did not study much. I spent a large amount of my free time at home on computer games and unnecessary things, almost totally neglecting my studies. That, sadly, is why I am in the class I am in at present. Not that I despise being in this class, and neither would I want to move to another class, but I would certainly have been posted to a better class had I studied just that little bit more. My future would at least have looked a bit brighter than what it looks like now.

Fortunately, those years had not entirely gone to waste. I had matured much over those years, although I only learnt the importance of studying properly at the end of Secondary Three. I had matured in both my thoughts and my deeds. Looking back, I certainly have changed. Just about three years ago, I was this silly kid who did not even know how to organise myself. Today, thankfully, I am a changed person. I have changed for the better.

My CCA was one of the things that kept me going. We trained hard, and the desire to play motivated us to work even harder. All the hard work eventually paid off and now we have a championship under our belts. Hopefully we will get another one this year. My CCA taught me many things such as teamwork, perseverance and the never-give-up attitude. We went through thick and thin together, and we worked towards a common goal. We are not just any other team. We are brothers, and will be for a long time.

I have certainly gained much in my four years of education in Catholic High School, and I sincerely hope that all my efforts would not go to waste.

I want my six points.

No comments:

Post a Comment