Thursday, March 2, 2006

a matter of choice

onward i looked, and there lay two paths, unclear through the mist.
what lay in hiding at the end of these, i had no clue

everything was shrouded in mystery,
engulfed by an ominous cloud of uncertainty.

such is the future.

one path sinisterly brims with misery and sorrow
a pathway that leads to the eternal glories of the holy sanctuary.

the other schemingly tempts with a life of worldly pleasures, of evil and wrongdoings
a pathway leading to the eternal fires of the altars of the damned,
a pathway leading to the burning embers, the dwellings of the cursed one.

once again i peered into the swirling depths of mist,
my eyes ineffectual in my attempts to see through the shroud of ambivalence.
i aimlessly swiped at the mist,
but it would not succumb.
the mist, the embodiment of worldly things and human shortcomings
why would it not cease to exist?

i refuted these worldly beliefs.
all attempts to clear my obstacle,
they were all unprolific attempts.
i was being too human, i was too foolish to apprehend,
i could do nothing.

nothing.
if i were to depend on my own incapacitated self.

i awoke and put my weight against the ropes that bound me to my foolishness
freedom beckoned.
silently staring at the blur before me,
i knelt down and prayed for guidance.

lo and behold, a light descended from the crepuscular sky
landing graciously upon the battered path.
it shone through the mist and gave me an unequivocal view of the path i was to take

my life is in my hands,
everything hinged on my choice

incessant glory,
or perennial suffering?

the light,
or the mist?

to the left,
or to the right?

No comments:

Post a Comment