Saturday, December 2, 2006

My First Time

Hiya!

Good holidays for you I hope? It has indeed been a very interesting trip for me, coming into the fourth day of my "holiday". I have been faced with many challenges during these four days, and I would very much like to share one particularly huge challenge with you, my readers! Aren't I kind. Haha.

My first ever lesson. Oh me gosh alright yeah I did go teaching English to children of about seven or eight years of age. Let's say it was a good experience. Yeah. Sure.

Alright, here is how it went. I was down at the school to help out as an assistant for the English Club they had there. Well, fine. I got myself sent to class and guess what. There were twenty kids there, I had to take 10.

I thought I was an assistant. >.< ... Alright so I had to go impromptu.

"What's this?" I asked the group, pointing at the whiteboard. I'd expected no answer.

"WHITEBOARD!" The kids chorused. Oh dearie me, I underestimated them.

"What's that called?" I said again, pointing at the clouds.

Silence. It appears that I had stumped them. Ooh yeah.

"CLOUD!" One kid shouted. My, my. Smarty pants. They were good.

I proceeded to draw things on the whiteboard, telling them to spell out the words. All correct. It was as if they did not need me at all.

It was time to teach them the difference between a hat and a cap, but apparently one particular boy was not listening. In fact, he was running around the room shouting like who-knows-what. Apparently the boy was stupid because he tried to crash me. When I caught him by the shoulder, he looked shocked; as if anything he ever crashed had given way. Party time.

"Sit down." I tried to say nicely. Wrong move. He began running about again that instant. Time for plan B, if there ever was one, I thought of something that very moment.

"FIVE marks off your paper if you don't sit down." They had done a worksheet in class previously, and the boy achieved the lowest mark in class- 11 out of 15- not that it was a great achievement that would leave you ga-ga-ing over. He was about to beat the record.

-5. I still can't believe I did it, but well, a hungry man is an angry man. I was hungry and pissed then. 6 out of 15. Just what he deserved. Why? You ask. The kid tried to strangle me. Oh how cute. I very nearly wanted to kick him out, but nah. He's just a kid. Some super emo kid who needs attention. I tried to be nice again.
"Sit down, PLEASE."

He began running about again, this time punching a little boy in the face. He cried, poor boy.

I kicked the kid out, told him to go to the office and look for the principal (my uncle). Cruel? Far from it. I was just being kind, for all you know it might help. He didn't want to go, and I made him promise that he would keep quiet. Good. Peace, finally.

Now the kids know the difference between a hat and a cap. Nice, cute kids they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment