Friday, December 1, 2006

Holiday?

First time I'm posting from outside Singapore! I am in Indonesia now, for those who didn't know already and I will be here for around a month- until the 26th of December- right after your Christmas, which I hope will be a good one- and I probably will come back with more… mass.

It has been a ferry ride, a plane ride, countless car rides and a total of 3 days (exactly 72 hours), since I left Singapore. It felt like a month; mostly because I have had literally nothing to do but stone. I should take up photography or something, so I won't be bored when I'm stuck in an enclosed space. I could try taking pictures of my own shadow from like, 15,931 different angles. How's that?

Nah.

Let me list down all the significant things (other than living and breathing and crapping etc.) I have done since I got here.
1. Eat pizza
2. Eat pasta
3. Drink one heck of a cool glass of soda
4. Play softball with a cute kid
5. Tune my cousin’s mini guitar
6. Watch 3 DVDs (Kung Fu Hustle, Hero and Nanny McPhee)
7. Play arcade
8. Stone

Sounds like a boring trip eh? Yeah. For the first 72 hours only I hope. I seriously cannot stand living like this for one full month I’ll end up a pig.

Or am I already one?

It took me quite a bit of luck to be able to gain access to a computer (an office computer), good thing I went in the office when everyone's away for lessons. For your information, if you didn't already know, I am living in a Chinese tuition centre (with surround sound in my room) and a whole cupboard full of DVDs. Maybe I should just go and watch DVDs 24/7 until I get something decent to do.

Alright since I’m beginning to miss Singapore, let's talk a bit about the days before my departure.

Number One: I hate Vivocity

Wait, wait. Before you jump to a conclusion that this is some super emo hate column about the shopping centre, let me get something clear. It is not. No billingsgates will appear in this post (I rarely use them anyway), and it is just a personal opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions in this "free" world, I believe?

Firstly, why in the world would anyone build anything so huge in Singapore?

I had much trouble walking around that gigantic block of concrete, I could not find anything I wanted to find, and the sore leg wasn't helping much. It was, say, a torture. No wonder there were so many people around sitting on wheelchairs being pushed by pitiful maids. Vivo is a full-fledged torture machine. When you get flooded by a throng of over-enthusiastic shoppers just to find out that the movie tickets were sold out (even if there were tickets, like, one whole lot of people were there queuing up for tickets. The tickets would have been sold out by the time I reached the end of the queue anyway.

Wait.

I had spent slightly more than three quarters of an hour walking around that thing, and I couldn't even locate a McDonalds. Was it me or what? I couldn't even find a directory when I needed one (all the time). Met quite a few people I know though.

With all that has been said, though, I have to learn to love that thing.

Anyway, was just wondering if the name came from the word vivacious.

I might learn to love it soon enough. The first place I have seen with both Coffee Bean and Starbucks. Oh-so-totally-awesome.

Number Two: Cineleisure?

Well, since I couldn't get my movie tickets at Vivo I ended up drinking coffee at the Starbucks opposite Cineleisure. Drank my java chip, wrote some Christmas cards and proceeded to go on to Cineleisure for some ticket-buying.

All I found were a few stragglers walking around aimlessly and there was no one queuing up for tickets at all. A darned stark contrast with Vivocity. Thank God for Cineleisure.

To the people concerned, thank you very much for a nice experience! Battle of Wits was really good, what with Mozi and all. The stars weren't too bad either, only that there was one little red thing in view. Maybe it was Mars? Chuckles.

Alright I have to go stuff myself on good, cheap food.

Have fun and goodbye! Be writing again soon! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment