Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bye Macs.

It was a place which had been there since anyone could remember (9 years to be precise), it was the place where I spent a bit of my childhood on (my mum used to take me there every week), and it was the place where I did my 'O' level mugging. You should have guessed it by now. Yes, McDonalds Bishan Interchange has closed down, taking one space in my heart down with it.

It felt surreal just looking at that "We're Closed" sign. I was there studying for the whole day on the 24th of October. Halfway while studying, Nat struck up a conversation, and we began chatting about the good old times. McDonalds Bishan Interchange was where some of our childhood memories resided. Another landmark to remind ourselves of our past innocence was now gone.

It was pretty much emotional, really. I ate my last McDonalds meal there with Nat. Too bad they ran out of mayo- much to You Jin's dismay (and mine too)- and I had to eat with a minor dose of disgruntlement. I enjoyed it nevertheless. It would have been fine eating anything there, in the shelter of that oh-so-familiar place.

The memories, the people, the happenings, the sights, the sounds, even the guitar-playing sing-song sessions. These things have earned themselves a place in my heart. Of course, one thing I would not miss is the trans-fat, which makes me ultra guilty after every bite.

Natural fats are easier to burn.

It was there that I was myself. More or less. The people who were there at the closing saw it. It was me, yes, me. It was the real me which pulled down the 'Grilled Chicken Foldover' placards from the ceiling. The real me. How I wish he could come by more often. Too bad the manager had to take the placards away. It would have been a pretty nice piece of decoration for my wall.

Goodbye Bishan Interchange Macs. Everyone will miss you. Especially me.

To think that I have to face physics practicals tomorrow. Gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment